French Refrigerator Organization Ideas: A Quick Guide
Refrigerators are a necessity for any home. After all, it’s where food is stored, and it can be pretty maddening to look inside it and find that there is no delicious food to eat. Refrigerators have had many innovations over the years. Back in the day, refrigerators used to be smaller. Nowadays, they tend to be big and take up significant space in the kitchen.
The thing is, no matter how big refrigerators are today, they will always still be crowded because of the amount of food we store in them. If the fridge is loaded, it can be quite hard to find the essentials we need once we start cooking.
For this reason, organizing your refrigerator door is a necessity. French refrigerators are notable and what you should take after because they are incredibly organized. If you want some ideas, read on below to learn more.
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Regardless if your refrigerator is a high-end or basic model, organizing it will benefit you. Before organizing, though, the first thing you must do is to give it a thorough cleaning. However, you must remove everything in your refrigerator before you can start cleaning.
Doing this can also help you evaluate your refrigerator’s space. Aside from that, this also gives you the chance to remove and dispose of any expired items.
To clean your refrigerator’s interior easily, do the following steps:
- Remove the shelves and bins on your refrigerator door. These are easily slid out in French refrigerators.
- Wipe the interior of your refrigerator. It’s best to use a clean microfiber cloth and a mild, unscented cleanser. If there’s a pungent odor in your refrigerator and you want to get rid of it, create a cleaning solution of 2 tbsp baking soda and 1 quart of hot water. Do the same for your shelves and bins
- Using a separate clean cloth that’s soaked in cold water, wipe it on your refrigerator’s interior and its shelves and bins. Rinse the shelves and bins with warm water.
- Dry the interior and the shelves and bins with a clean towel.
Now that you know the best way to clean your refrigerator, below are some organization ideas.
Make Use of Adjustable Refrigerator Shelves
The items stored in a refrigerator’s interior tend to take up a lot of space. For this reason, many people are left with no choice but to store additional items in their refrigerator doors. However, it can be a problem because certain items pose a challenge to keep because of their size, such as bottles.
Luckily, adjustable refrigerator shelves can help. Most refrigerators allow their shelves to be easily removed, allowing you to reconfigure its setting to store tall items.
Apply Shelf Liners
You know how when you’re trying to fit everything in your fridge but end up inadvertently spilling something in the process? It’s a safe bet that everyone hates that when it happens.
To protect your refrigerator and its shelves from these spills, shelf liners are a big help. Made out of plastic, these liners guarantee protection from spills inside your refrigerator, allowing for a faster, easier cleanup in case a spill happens. To install them, simply put them in a position before storing food items.
Use Storage Bins and Dividers
Making use of storage bins and dividers is a great way of maximizing storage in your refrigerator. The tips on using them are as follows:
- Use plastic dividers to split up refrigerator drawers. This lets you create compartments in your fridge for perishable items, such as meat, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
- Small storage bins can also be clipped on, suitable for storing smaller items such as snacks or cut fruit.
- Place storage containers at the center so that they’re easily accessible.
Make sure to label everything appropriately so that you won’t get confused about where certain items are placed.
If you want your refrigerator to be organized, French style is arguably the best way to go. It allows you to maximize space, regardless of the size of the items that are being stored. Make sure to follow the tips mentioned above so that you won’t have any problems.
Aside from standard refrigerators, mini-fridges are also something you can use. A mini fridge’s electricity costs are significantly lower because of its size. If you’re planning on getting one, Pixel Fridges can help! We provide information when it comes to all things refrigerators. Simply go to our website to learn more!